Title: Planning Technician
Organization: Jessamine County (KY) Fiscal Court
Location: Nicholasville, KY
Posting Date: 2017-11-03
Closing Date: 2017-12-31
Under general supervision, the Planning Technician performs a variety of paraprofessional planning and zoning tasks at the front counter, within the office, and in the field as required. General duties include application intake and review of a wide variety of land use and development proposals, file research and maintenance/scanning, map reading, zoning and subdivision ordinance research and packet preparation for the Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment; prepares technical reports; creates and maintains databases; assists the Planning Director, Building Inspector and Code Enforcement Officer as needed; and performs other duties as required. Familiarity with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) preferred.
1. The Planning Technician answers inquiries from the public regarding development proposals, applications and procedures;
2. Application intake, including the utilization of the iWorq software system, reviewing applications for completeness and scanning documentation;
3. Prepares Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment mailings, packets and minutes;
4. Tracks, facilitates and maintains the Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment’s continuing education requirements;
5. Performs Zoning Reviews;
6. Responsible for sending out mailings in support of office functions;
7. Tracks and maintains a record of the office’s supplies;
8. Assists the Planning Director on special projects as applicable to include (long range research, program analysis etc.)
9. Assists the Building Inspector and Code Enforcement Officer with research and mailings as applicable.
Education & Experience:
1. Completion of two years of college coursework in a technical, liberal arts, or science program that included coursework in urban and/or regional planning, environmental studies, or related field; or,
2. One year of administrative and/or technical experience providing technical or administrative support in an environmental, planning, mapping, architectural, civil engineering, or related agency or organization; or,
3. Equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities.
Applications can be downloaded from jessamineco.com/and sent to Kyle Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Name: Kyle Adams
Contact E-mail: email@example.com
Return to Job Postings Page