Title: Lead Planner
Organization: WSP USA
Posting Date: 2018-09-12
Closing Date: 2018-09-26
WSP is driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Its devotion to teamwork has allowed it to build communities and expand our skylines. At WSP, anything is within our reach. Come work for WSP and help shape the future. Be involved in projects with the Planning Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Lead Planner for its Pittsburgh, PA office. The successful candidate for this role enjoys working for and developing relationships with a wide array of public and private sector clients. The selected candidate will deliver on an exciting variety of planning projects, both locally, regionally and nationally, will work proactively in business development for both planning and engineering projects, will have passion and experience in multimodal planning, public transit planning, conceptual designs, long-range transportation planning, and other planning-related programs and projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading project tasks and/or managing transportation planning projects, including preparing public-facing and technical reports
- Developing and maintaining project scopes, schedules and budgets
- Participating and coordinating public and stakeholder public meetings and public participation/outreach processes
- Staying abreast of planning policies, procedures and legislation and assist in interpreting their applicability to specific situations and projects
- Develop business pipeline for the planning and engineering practices
Talent is the essence of meeting clients’ objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, WSP would love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working on transportation planning projects
- B.S. in planning, engineering, or another planning related-field
- Ability to effectively present and communicate strategic and creative thinking skills orally and in written form
- Excellent project/task management skills working collaboratively in a team environment
- An understanding of varied projects and processes such as corridor studies, master plans, feasibility studies, statewide and regional transportation plans, planning reports,NEPA environmental requirements and other analyses
- Successful experience with transportation planning projects, including transit and multimodal planning, working with MPO’s, Departments of Transportation, transit agencies, and/or cities and local municipalities.
- Working knowledge of planning tools and software such as Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software
- Masters in Urban Planning or Public Administration
- AICP and/or P.E.
About WSP USA
WSP USA (formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff) is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. For more information, visit WSP USA on the web.
WSP provides a progressive mix of benefits including medical, dental 401k and long term disability focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started?
To learn more about WSP or to apply online, visit our website at https://www.wsp.com/en-US/careers and reference job number 38255.
WSP USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Return to Job Postings Page