Signs of Disaster - ISA Webinar
The International Sign Association is holding a webinar about using signs to communicate in disaster situations -- "Signs of Disaster: The Role of Communications Pre, During, and Post-Disaster."
The webinar will be June 30 at 2 p.m. EDT. The cost is $25.
Do not miss the chance to participate in this unique and timely workshop. The session was approved for the NPC20, the planned 2020 APA national conference that was to have been held in Houston. It has been further enhanced to reflect the disasters that have struck our nation and communities since March 2020.
Participants will learn the roles that signs play in crisis responses to natural disasters and pandemics, including challenges to community and business recovery. A recent, real-life scenario in Harris County, Texas (Houston-area), will be discussed.
It will feature a panel discussion including:
- Dawn Jourdan, esq, PhD, AICP, Executive Associate Dean for the College of Architecture at Texas A&M University
- Kimberley Mickelson, JD, AICP, Attorney, City of Houston Legal Development
- Gary Schatz, President at Mobility Planning & Engineering, LLC
- Deacon Wardlow, Futurist & Technologista, Vantage LED
- Yu Xiao, Ph.D., AICP, Associate Professor, Nohad A. Toulan School of Urban Studies and Planning, Portland State University
- James Carpentier, AICP, ISA, Moderator.
Visit the link below to register.
For more information, visit http://newsroom.signs.org/vitalsigns/063020-webinar
posted on 06-19-2020
Return to News Page
Return to Front Page